Companion dataset to "The possible role of resource requirements and academic career-choice risk on gender differences in publication rate and impact" by Duch J, Zeng XHT, Sales-Pardo M, Radicchi F, Otis S, Woodruff TK, Amaral LAN ( PLoS ONE 7, e51332, 2012) doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0051332
This dataset lists the total number of publications by 4,394 faculty members from 7 distinct research fields working at top U.S. institutions. The dataset also contains bibliographic information manualy gathered from the CVs of those faculty members. The publications data was collected from Thomson Reuters' Web of Science according to the procedures described in the published paper.
The data is a single csv file with the following fields:
- author_name - researcher name as: Last name, Initials
- gender - researcher gender as: M (male) or F (female)
- univ_name - Institution of current employment
- field - scientific discipline
- phd_year - year of phd completion
- nationality - Country of origin
- background - List of degrees
- affiliations - List of honours and past appointments
- total_pubs - Total number of publications
Some fields are not available for some researchers.
Current employments are accurate as of June, 2010.
total_pubs field show total number of publications published by the end of 2010.
If you use this data in your research please cite as: http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.1591864