The Amaral Lab invites applications of candidates for PhD and postdocs for 2019-2020. The new hires will join an active, collaborative, and supportive group of young (and not so young) researchers. We are looking for enthusiastic, collaborative individuals with strong skills in Python and statistics, interested in participating in projects such as
- the modeling of microbial communities in the lung of patients with pneumonia,
- the biology of stress, healthspan, and aging,
- the adoption of innovations within professional networks,
- the mitigation of errors in healthcare,
- science of science with a focus on bibliometric research,
- the development, validation, and benchmarking of machine learning algorithms,
- the benchmarking of RNAseq data processing pipelines,
- Algorithms to process single-cell data,
- image analysis of biological models (Caenorhabditis elegans; Drosophila melanogaster),
- dynamics of protein side chains,
- dynamic of networks and dynamic on networks,
- criminal and corruption networks.
The hired fellows will be able to join several of the on-going projects and to start new projects.
Outstanding candidates interested in this position should submit applications electronically to Ms. Justyna Gutowska. Applications must include a CV (including a list of publications with the most important 1 to 3 publications indicated with an asterisk), a 2-3 page statement of research accomplishments and plans, and a list of 3 to 5 references.